Sunday, December 4, 2011

And it begins

Today was a lazy, prettily-post-snowy sort of sunday. Blake and I spent the day going to church, going to Costco for a Christmas tree and getting hotdogs and pizza instead, driving around our neighborhood for way too long looking at fallen trees from the windstorm a few days ago( yeah, we are those people apparently:)) watching Crocodile Dundee for, lets just say, not our first time, and attempting to keep Toby( our naughty but cute almost one year old pup) from treating the kitties like breathing chew toys.
There is something about that good ol' movie from the eighties. It's got the classic eighties music, the fantastic hairstyles and fashion, and to top it all off, the cheesily heartwarming plot that makes you come back to it again and again. Who doesn't want to watch a story about a New York reporter meeting the croc-wrestling, knife wielding, Australian bush-raised man of her dreams? Count us in!
Tonight I am going to attempt to cook something healthy to combat our weekend pizza and hot dog diet. I have tried to be better at this whole healthy food and exercise thing. It works reasonably well on weekdays but the weekends come in all their glory and steal away my motivation. Practice makes perfect I suppose so I think I'll bring out the Yams!
Well I better get to it, so this, ladies and gentlemen, albeit short and sweet, is my first-ever blog post. Hurray!


No comments:

Post a Comment